Monday, 31 December 2007
Friday, 28 December 2007
Hope you all had a splendid Christmas! I know I did. I spent the day with my 2 Irish Terrier pals, Molly & Seamus. Molly was having a bit of a bad hair day and didn't want to have her photo taken so here is Seamus lounging in front of the fire:
Here's the table before all the eatables and drinkables were brought out:
J1 & J2 had rather a strange vegetarian Christmas dinner of Tomato Rassam soup, Thakkali curry, Plaintain and Mango curry, Chana dahl, Spiced cashew nut rice and chapatis. Their human pals, P, A & T had turkey with all the trimmings, including yucky brussel sprouts.
Us dogs had our own splendid dog Christmas cake courtesy of the Dog Dogs Bakery:
We also had our very own individual peanut butter biscuits dipped in carob to take home:
I'm afraid that my biscuit didn't last long enough to be photographed.
After all that food we relaxed in front of the fire. In case any of you dogs think I'm going soft or something I think I should point out that I NEVER cuddle up close to any other dog apart from my pal Seamus, not even Molly!
All in all it was a pawfect Christmas. How was yours?
Thursday, 27 December 2007
Monday, 24 December 2007
Sunday, 23 December 2007
My pals Blue and Suki tagged me to list my favourite Christmas songs. To tell you the truth I'm not inspired. So many of my other blogging pals have already done this tag, so I thought I'd give it a bit of a twist. I thought I'd try and think of my favourite album of all time; my desert island disc, if you will. After careful thought and consideration there was really only one contender:
It's the Beatle Barkers by the Woofers and Tweeters Ensemble. This album (yes pals, it really DOES exist) was released in 1983 and included hits such as "Paperback Writer" and "Can't Buy Me Love".
My favourite track is probably "Love Me Do". Click the link below to enjoy!
What would YOUR desert island disc be?
Wednesday, 19 December 2007
As part of my ongoing research programme into indestructible dog toys, I recently heard about the Mega Tuffies Mega Ring. This toy thinks it's pretty tough! It boasts about its 7 rows of stitching and industrial grade nylon webbing, but is it tough enough to withstand a Wire Fox Terrier?
Erm, the short answer is no. Another toy ends up in the stuffie graveyard.
Saturday, 15 December 2007
One of my favourite British designers is Cath Kidston. I have one of her stylish red dog beds. She must be pretty nice as she has a Lakeland Terrier called Stanley and he's quite handsome. I like the fact that Stanley often features in her mail order catalogue.
Cath Kidston recently held a competition to make a soft toy based on Stanley. The pattern was provided; all you had to do was cut it out and sew it together. Easy! Now J1 is not the best seamstress so she asked her Mum to lend a helping hand. Here is the result:
My advice to both of them is don't give up your day jobs unless there's a sudden demand for mutant WFT toys. Click here to see some of the fabulous winning entries.
Sunday, 9 December 2007
Saturday, 8 December 2007
I know that a lot of you are intrigued by my friendship with Miss Peach Jackson the cat. She approached me as a dare a few months ago and asked to be my friend. I thought that was pretty brave, especially considering that she knows I don’t generally like cats, (except to chase!)
Anyway, since then we’ve become good pals. You can imagine how delighted I was when I saw that she’d sent me a package! I wasn’t allowed to rip it open in case I damaged the contents so I just barked at J1 to get her to hurry up. Look what was inside... It’s a pawsome picture and 2 of the characters look just like me and her!
Thanks for the lovely gift, Miss Peach! You're a pip of a pal!
Thursday, 6 December 2007
Today, 6th December, is St Nicholas Day and my pal Asta is organising a party to celebrate. I'm flying AireRuby to NYC as usual and I think Dunstan the dog on wheels toy is going to accompany me. I'll be meeting lots of my Dogs with Blogs pals and there'll be plenty of eatables and drinkables and merriment in general. I think I'm going to take my violin along too. Any requests? You howl it, and I'll play it!
Tuesday, 4 December 2007
I've been invited to a special Victorian tea party by my pal Miss Peach. Yes, I know I'm supposed to hate cats but I think I can make an exception for a very special few, including Miss Peach and Suki. I'm not sure what goodies to take along. I think maybe some cucumber sandwiches and some fancy cakes.
Mmmmmmm! Perhaps I should just try a few to check that they're good enough...
Sunday, 2 December 2007
I've been tagged by my new pals Crikit, Sparky and Ginger and Suki the cat and also my human friend Blue to list 8 random facts about myself. Well, here goes:
1. I like to rummage in ladies handbags. This seems to be a common WFT trait. Take a look at my pal Axel's blog to see what he found recently on a handbag raid!
2. When I visit my pal Molly the Irish Terrier they have to hide all her toys in the garden shed. This is because I go on a toy-destroying mission. You can guarantee that one toy always manages to escape, usually behind the sofa. I go BERSERK trying to dig it out. And then I try and break into the shed. All in all, I'm the perfect house guest!
3. I STILL haven't worked out how to get inside my terrier tunnel bed by myself. J1 or J2 has to hold it open for me.
4. I have finally mastered the Dog Brick toy. Click here to see one of my earlier attempts.
5. I'm always trying to sneak a crafty slurp out of J2's cup of tea or coffee. Sometimes he doesn't even realise until he finds a meaty residue from my beard at the bottom of the cup. Nice!
6. I've recently decided that I prefer being carried up and down stairs by my human slaves J1 & J2. Why exert myself unnecessarily? I need to conserve my energy for destroying toys.
7. I'm named after the song "Jackson" by Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash. I like the Nancy and Lee version too. It could have been worse. J1 wanted to call me Trampas after Doug McClure in The Virginian. Luckily for me J2 protested.
8. I'm obsessed by anything made of rubber. I can track the delightful smell of rubber from a very great distance. And then I go BERSERK (again!). Notice a theme here?
If anydog hasn't done this random facts thing yet and wants to do it, please consider yourself tagged!