Friday, 31 August 2007
Tuesday, 28 August 2007
1. Famous Singer: Johnny Cash (I'm named after the song "Jackson" which he sang with his wife, June Carter Cash)
2. Four letter word: Jump. I can jump really HIGH but not quite high enough to reach the kitchen countertops. I'm working on it.
3. Street: Jackson Street (more on this in my next post!)
4. Colour: Jacinth (that's reddish-orange to you and me, pal)
5. Gifts/Presents: Jar of peanut butter. The perfect gift!
6. Vehicle: Jumbo jet - so I can fly round the world and visit all my blogging pals.
7. Things in a Souvenir Shop: Union Jack flag (that's the kind of thing they sell in souvenir shops over here in the UK)
8. Boy Name: James
9. Girl Name: Jacqueline
10. Movie Title: Jason and the Argonauts. Love the fighting skeletons!
11. Drink: Juice - I like all flavours of fruit juice so never leave your glass unattended or I'll help myself and leave a nice meaty residue for you to find at the end.
12. Occupation: Journalist. I like to think of myself as a bit of a writer. I do have my own blog after all!
13. Celebrity: Jackson Pollock. Not sure if you'd call him a celebrity, but he was a famous artist so I think he should qualify.
14. Magazine: Just Dogs. Not sure if there is such a magazine but if there isn't, there should be!
15. U.S. City: Jacksonville. Did they name this after me?
16. Pro Sports: Ju-Jitsu. I reckon I'd be good at this.
17. Fruit: Jorange. Ok, so I made this one up. Can YOU think of a fruit that begins with "J"? Help me out here!
18. Reason for Being Late for Work: Just woke up!
19. Something You Throw Away: Junk.
20. Things You Shout: J1, is it dinner time yet?
21. Cartoon Character: Jerry (from Tom & Jerry)
Saturday, 25 August 2007
Tosca (she's perfect!) has started a mass tagathon whereby she's tagged EVERYDOG. That includes YOU! It's all to do with the joke about how many dogs does it take to change a lightbulb. The joke lists different breed characteristics. Do you agree with your breed characteristics? Is your breed not included? Do you want to adapt what it says about you? Please feel free to join in and let Perfect Tosca know...
Golden Retriever: The sun is shining, the day is young. We've got our whole lives ahead of us, and you're inside worrying about a stupid burned-out lightbulb?
Border Collie: Just one. And I'll replace any wiring that's not up to code.
German Shepherd: I'll guard the lightbulb while you decide. Back off!
Dachshund: I can't reach the stupid light!
Toy Poodle: I'll just blow in the Border Collie's ear and he'll do it. By the time he finishes rewiring the house, my nails will be dry.
Rottweiler: Go Ahead! Make me!
Shih-tzu: Puh-leeze, dah-ling. Leave it for the servants.
Lab: Oh, me, ME!!! Pleeeeeeze let ME change the bulb! Can I? Can I? Huh? Huh? Can I?
Malamute: Let the Border Collie do it. You can feed me while he's busy.
Chow Chow: I'm with the malamute. After I take my nap that is!
Akita: I'm with the chow and malamute! What's for dinner?
Cocker Spaniel: Why change it? I can still pee on the carpet in the dark.
Mastiff: Mastiffs are NOT afraid of the dark.
Hound Dog: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.
Chihuahua: Yo quiero Taco Bulb.
Greyhound: It isn't moving. Who cares?
Kelpie: Put all the light bulbs in a little circle.
Pointer: I see it, there it is, rrrrriiiiiiight there.
The question is, what would a Wire Fox Terrier like me say?
Friday, 24 August 2007
My human pal Blue tagged J1 and I to list our 5 favourite food items. I think it was supposed to be grocery items, but I've cheated and just made it more general top food stuff cos I never get to go grocery shopping. Oooooo it's so hard to narrow it down to 5 because I like EVERYTHING (except celery which should stay in the ground where it belongs).
1. Any treat from The Dog Dog's Bakery. I haven't got shares in them or anything, just love their stuff.
2. Peanut butter. Crunchy is best, but I'll take smooth at a pinch.
3. Pasta with tomato sauce. I like getting my beard all red and then running away when J1 tries to wipe it off. Or better still, wiping it off on the sofa when she's not looking.
4. Bugs. Yes, I'll eat any insect. Rather partial to spiders.
5. Cream cheese. Preferably mixed with Peanut Butter and loaded into a kong toy and then frozen.
1. Peanut butter.
2. Any Ben & Jerry's ice cream.
4. Chips (that's fries to my overseas readers).
5. Cakes. All kinds of cake are acceptable.
Hey, I like this game because my list is actually healthier than J1's list (apart from the bugs)! I'd like to tag Scruffy & Lacie, Sir Lancelot, and my new pal, Miss Peach Jackson. What are your favourite foods?
Thursday, 23 August 2007
Meet Pinky the Miniature Schnauzer.
She belongs to my blogging pal, Joyeuse Garden. Pinky and her owner have been regular visitors to my blog for a while. They wrote some birthday jokes for me and even gave me a recipe for a birthday cake.
I was very touched to discover that now they have presented me with a VIP Award and these drawings:
This is what they think J1 & J2 look like. Don't they look swell?
Please go and visit their blog and tell them I sent you!
Monday, 20 August 2007
Bonjour, mes potes!
How I wish I could draw. Molly's owner knows that I would like to be more artistic and so she bought me this book from her recent holiday in France.
Now, my French isn't up to scratch (sorry Faya and Taky) but I think it reads:
I learn how to draw dogs
I was delighted to see that it gives instructions on how to draw a Wire Fox Terrier
Sunday, 19 August 2007
This year for our annual jaunt, Molly, Seamus and I decided to go to Rye Harbour in East Sussex. We were accompanied by 5 humans, including J1 & J2.
This is the lovely cottage that we hired.
It was located about 5 minutes walk from Rye Harbour Nature Reserve which lies within a large triangle of land over about 325 hectares (800 acres). It has been designated a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) because of the many unusual plants and animals that live there.
Here's Molly and I at one of the entrances to the Nature Reserve.
We walked here most days, either along the paths or onto the beach. There was plenty to see and do and lots of interesting birds, plants and my personal favourite, RABBITS! Can you read the label on the plant Molly is looking at? It's hemlock! Because of its poisonous properties it used to be considered an evil plant and was associated with witches and the devil. I wonder why she's so interested? Has she got plans for Seamus and myself?
The building in the background is a Martello Tower. 103 of these towers were built between 1805-1812 as part of the defences against a possible French invasion during the Napoleonic Wars. They were built of brick, 13 foot thick on the seaward side, stood about 30 foot high and were equipped with a cannon on the roof. Only about 45 of them now remain and most of them are in ruins like this one or have been converted.
On one of our excursions we visited the nearby town of Rye, which is very pretty with its cobbled streets, a medieval church and Tudor and Georgian houses.
We also visited Bexhill-on-Sea, home of the beautiful De La Warr Pavilion. Built in 1935, it was the UK's first public building built in the Modernist style. Its original purpose was to house entertainment and conference halls, functions rooms, a library and a terrace restaurant. After a huge restoration project (completed in 2005) the pavilion is now a national centre for contemporary arts.
Enough with the history lesson, I know what you really want to see is more photos of us enjoying ourselves! Here I am with Seamus on the beautiful beach at Camber Sands. The beach stretches for miles and is divided into dog free and dog friendly areas, but even in the dog friendly areas all dogs must be kept on a lead.
The local beach at Rye Harbour was always very quiet and we could be let off our leads.
We all had such a wonderful holiday. I wonder where we'll go next year?
Saturday, 18 August 2007
Hello pals, I'm back from my travels! We had a pawfect holiday and I promise I'll show you some photos in my next post. Firstly, I think I should tell you about my birthday. Molly, Seamus and I celebrated in style. I had a yummy cake and loads of scrumptious treats, all from The Dog Dog's Bakery. Do you want to see what was on the menu?
I would have saved all my DWB pals a piece of cake but it was sooooooooo good that we finished it in record time.
We also had lots of lovely treats and Molly and Seamus had their own treat bags to take home ...
Friday, 10 August 2007
Thursday, 9 August 2007
Let's get one thing straight. I hate cats. Always have, always will. You all know that. Well, imagine my surprise when I was dared by Miss Peach Jackson to become her friend. I was a little bit wary at first but she does share the same name as me so she can't be all bad, can she? And she's got some guts, daring ME, a renowned cat-hater.
Anyway, I've decided to grant her a special dispensation so now we're officially pals, but don't tell any other cats; I've still got my reputation to think of!
Wednesday, 8 August 2007
Can you see J1 kinda hunched in the tent behind me? I'm laughing because she bought the "infant" sized tent and still thought she could get in with me. Cheapskate! It's not a Tardis!
Saturday, 4 August 2007
Have you noticed the ever increasing number of Wire Fox Terriers that are blogging? It's all part of our cunning plan to take over the blogosphere.
Doh! I think I've just blown our cover!
Anyway, I thought I'd take this opportunity to introduce you to some some new wirey pals. Meet Scruffy and his pal Lacie the Lakeland from Pittsburgh, US.
Sedona Rose from Phoenix, US.
Sir Lancelot from Ohio, US.
Bebe from Philadelphia, US.
I mustn't forget to give a bark out to relative newcomers Lenny, Agatha & Archie, Jake & Just Harry and William Tell.
Please visit their blogs and give them your best Dogs with Blogs welcome! Tell them that I sent you. I know they'll be delighted to meet everydog.
PS Keep an eye on the Airedales; I think they're also trying for world blog supremacy!
Friday, 3 August 2007
Wednesday, 1 August 2007
J1 finally made me a batch of Frosty Paws using Nanook's recipe. You know what? She said it tasted TOO GOOD FOR DOGS! I think I'd better guard the freezer just in case she tries to eat it herself!
You may be wondering what the funny shapes are. No, they're not elephants, they're supposed to be Scottie dogs but they are a little lumpy.
Doh! Brain freeze!
Any chance of seconds?
Once the Frosty Paws was sorted I was able to submit my entries to the Airechicks ice cream eating photo contest in aid of Airedale Rescue of North Texas. If you haven't entered yet read more about it here. Closing date for entries is 4th August. Please take part, it's for a very good cause.